Search the Web

Thursday, March 22, 2007

Nausea is something that is new to me.
When I was pregnant with Joshwa I didn't have
bouts of nausea. But lately I've been puking and
puking.. (sorry for the term) But I don't mind
that it's harder now. When I was pregnant with Joshwa
I was in my early 20's now I'm in my early 30's kaya siguro
parang mas mahirap sya.

Here are some interesting FAQ's from babycenter.com

If I don't have morning sickness, does that mean I'm more
likely to have a miscarriage?

Not necessarily.
It's true that a number of studies have shown that
women who have miscarriages are less likely to
have had nausea. (If your baby or your placenta
were not developing properly, you'd have lower
levels of pregnancy hormones in your system,
so it follows that you'd have little or no nausea.)
But there are plenty of women with perfectly
normal pregnancies who manage to escape
nausea during their first trimester. Count yourself
lucky and don't obsess about it if you're not suffering!

Are some pregnant women more likely than others to feel nauseated?You're more likely to have nausea or vomiting during your pregnancy if any of the following apply:

• You're pregnant with twins or higher multiples. This may be from the higher levels of hCG, estrogen, or other hormones in your system. You're also more likely to have a more severe case than average. On the other hand, it's not a definite thing — some women carrying twins have little or no nausea.
• You had nausea and vomiting in a previous pregnancy.
• You have a history of nausea or vomiting as a side effect of taking birth control pills. This is probably related to your body's response to estrogen.
• You have a history of motion sickness.
• You have a genetic predisposition to nausea during pregnancy. If your mother or sisters had severe morning sickness, there's a higher chance you will, too.
• You have a history of migraine headaches.
• You're carrying a girl. One study found that women with severe nausea and vomiting were 50 percent more likely to be carrying a girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My photo
Makati, Philippines
The name that dare's to be different. I love you too don't you know.